Monday, August 2, 2010

EK Wagon




This EK wagon was advertised for tender from a farm at Millar's Flat. I had just sold my BSA B-44. I won the tender for $1200 and hitch hiked up there to collect. I bought it from the farmer's widow who told me how meticulously he maintained it. 80k on the clock and ran smooth and tight. I had this and the HQ and used them both pretty much daily.
I stopped driving the EK and kept it under a cover in my driveway. It wasn't properly stored and the paint suffered for it. Also the from floor rotted out under the ribber mat. Eventually it was properly garaged and I would start it up and go for a run a couple of times a year. When it refused to start about 8 years ago I just left it there and concentrated on other things.

The time has come to have a go at getting her running again. I don't intend a restoration, just some repairs and possibly a respray. In the time since I bought her old Holdens have become fewer on the road so it would be all the more enjoyable to be able to go for a slow comfortable cruise again in my EK wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment