Monday, August 2, 2010

HQ panelvan 2





My second HQ panelvan was originally a NZ Police telecom van. It was 202 with manual trans.
This vehicle was great! Finally I had the panelvan I wanted for traveling and sleeping in. I did a few circuits of the South Island and many runs into Central Otago.

I met this guy with some old Holdens; FX and FJ sedans  and an FC ute. I took a fancy to the ute and did a swap for the panel van. The FC ute story is the next post. After a couple of years I began to miss the traveling qualities of the panelvan and sought to swap it back. We did and I had a happy second ownership of my HQ. It came back to me lowered at the front, shod with mags and fat tyres and a rear sway bar installed. For the next few years I made good use of the road friendly campervan. Eventually, in one of those "why did I do that?" moments I sold it cheap for cash.


No comments:

Post a Comment