Monday, August 2, 2010

FC ute

Tony's HK wagon, Gibby's black HT and my FC

Midway through the front end and donkey transplant.
It ended up with a stock 202/3 speed on the floor, HR front end with HQ discs and a rear end from an HG (I think). I ran the motor with no fan and only carried a spare wheel for the front half of the vehicle. I had a pretty good trip up the west coast in her like that.



This FC ute was one of the coolest of my Holdens. I got it with a red oxide primer paintjob, wide rims and twin pipes fitted to the 132 grey motor. It was as gutless as you'd imagine but it sounded and looked great.
I set to work on it as a project one winter and with the help of my friend John installed an HR front end with HQ discs, a stock 202 and 3 speed. I think the rear end was from an HT, any way the front and rear studs didn't match so I only carried a spare wheel for the front. The engine was a tight fit against the radiator so I ran it without a fan and had no problems. Power was ample.

After a couple of years I was missing my HQ panelvan so much I swapped it back for the FC ute.

*Update* after a bout of Utelust recently I went to see the fella I swapped it back to. I was hoping he still had it and felt like selling it to me for a song. He told me he had sold it on to some young fellas who promptly wrapped it round a lamp post. He thought about buying it back in that state and went looking for it but was told it went to the crusher. Ah well... there's a lesson in that somewhere but don't ask me what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment